Citizenship by Investment
Montenegro launches its Citizenship by Investment Programme (CBIP) with the aim of encouraging and facilitating foreign direct investment.
to a Montenegrin government
investment in government-approved
- 2,000 passports available over a period of three years
- Programme expires once the quota is filled or the three-year period lapses
- Successful applicants granted full citizenship within six months
Citizenship & Boka Place
Buyers of residences at Porto Montenegro’s newest development, Boka Place, can secure single or multiple investments from the new Kerzner-Managed Residence portfolio to meet the CBIP minimum investment threshold.
Porto Montenegro’s newest neighbourhood is home to a diverse community designed to offer the best in urban-living – with light, airy spaces that attract colourful enterprise from retail to gastronomy and everything in-between.
Benefits Of Montenegrin Citizenship
One of the goals of the programme is to encourage investment across Montenegro, as well as boosting the local economy and offering a safe and secure environment for investment. In return, investors receive:
- The 34th ranked passport for global mobility
- Visa-free access to 123 countries including
the Schengen Area, Russia and Turkey
- Official EU candidate with planned
accession by 2025
- Multinational and multilingual community
- Mediterranean climate
- Low cost of living
- Member state of the European Monetary
Union, the NATO Alliance, OSCE and WTO
- Euro currency
- No foreign exchange controls
- 9% withholding tax
- Tax levied on ownership of property
- 3% tax levied on transfer of immovable property
- 3% tax levied on inheritance of real estate
- Low personal and corporate tax rates of 9%
- 21% VAT and reduced rate of 7% levied on certain goods services
- Taxation treaties with over 40 countries
Get in touch
Contact us for more information or to arrange a private consultation.